Join us on the Next Community Day – SATURDAY JUNE 20, 2020 ( to be confirmed)
ON Saturday June 20th, 2020 we are hosting a community day at ADINKRAFARM. This is another opportunity for community to connect at the farm, and enjoy a summer day in the country.
It is also a day that we are asking community members to help us to get a few things done around the place as we connect and share time together. We are preparing the property for summer camp in August and in general, we simply need help to maintain the property.
The property is open for groups and families that may want to come up to visit or host their event here, and as you can imagine, it takes a lot to maintain the space in the midst of nature, which is a powerful force. As part of our vision for the farm as a community place, we encourage community members to come to the farm and see for themselves what the opportunities are. We believe that it can be an important resource for our community going forward and it is already being used as a place where community can gather in love and support to connect with nature and with one another and to heal. Regardless of your spiritual belief, we trust that you will find a peaceful connection to the divine creation – mother earth and within yourself, just by being here. It is amazing to experience the power of simplicity involved in feeling a breeze or a raindrop… watching creatures going about their business. The simplicity of this power.
Community Day will be held: June 20, 2020 10 a.m. onwards
Contribute your time and energy:
- gardening – mowing lawn, weeding, planting, trimming, pruning
- retrieving firewood
- grooming, feeding and caring for the horses
- walking and grooming the dogs
- clearing and cleaning the studio space
- clearing the path
- sharing ideas for the future of the farm
- future buildings
- studio renovations
- Camps and Retreats Weddings and Events
- The ADINKRAFARM vision for community Opportunities for youth development
- Fundraising to build cabins – Community bonds, merchandise sales, rentals
- food and drinks to share ( no pork please)
- food and drinks
- networking, connecting and fellowship for community good youth
- volunteers can earn high school community service credits
RSVP: by June 10, 2020 to 416-573-1930 text or voicemail.